Sunday, October 12, 2008

Nit Picking!

I have a whole new appreciation for that phrase! Since Thursday morning I have been nit picking, hair washing, doing mountains of laundry, vacuuming, vacuuming, vacuuming and officially going crazy!!!!

I found lice in Hope's hair just before school on Thursday. I immediately went and picked up RJ and Grace from school. My worst fear has finally come true-all my kids have lice!!

OK, things could definitely be worse, but for someone who is constantly on the brink of OCD/anxiety overload this has got to be one of the worst things to happen. Even though Jay swears that there is nothing in my hair, I feel like Pigpen from the Charlie Brown cartoons-like there must be a cloud of flying bugs wafting around my head.

The worst part so far is that I have used the high powered shampoo twice on each of my kids and we are still finding live ones. I sure hope this is the very last time we do this!!!

Oh and just a side note, Jay had plans to go up to the family hunting cabin this weekend so I have been home alone with my creepy crawly children. This does not generally leave mommy in a very good mood!

I hope and pray that none of you ever have to do this!!!

And lastly, I stayed up late last night hoping that Tina Fey would brighten my weekend with yet another dead on impersonation of Sarah Palin. Well I got a rerun!! Not good enough!!!

2 comments:

Marie Green said...

I talked to Ken yesterday and he told me you all had head lice. It makes my head itchy just thinking about it! What a major pain.

I was up hoping for a new SNL too. Boo.

Joymes said...

Sorry to hear about your little unwanted guests. What a pain! I agree-- I LOVE Tina Fey as Sarah Palin.