Friday, September 19, 2008

A most wonderful day...

I can't even begin to explain what an incredible day I just had! I met my best friend Krissy at the MOA for some food and shopping. It had been a long time since we had been together without kids in tow. We traveled from baby store to baby store searching for the perfect outfit for Krissy's little princess due in December.



Needless to say we found many other things as well. I scored new PJ's at Old Navy!!! And a few too many things for my little princess's. I didn't find anything for RJ, which I feel a little guilty about. I think I need to take him on a shopping trip sometime soon. Nine yr old boys are really hard to shop for!!



Now for the excellent ending to my day, A trip to the airport to serve as an "Adoption Doula" for my friend Mama Sweetpea. Although I've witnessed the 'birth' of many families, this was a whole new experience. To see the joy in the eyes of three sweet brothers as they welcomed their long awaited sister was just about all I could handle! Mama Sweetpea and her hubby E had traveled to Ethiopia to bring back their little princess Sunshine. She greeted everyone with smiles and curiously touched her brother's faces. It was a very magical time for everyone!



If you want to read more about Mama Sweatpea's adoption journey visit her blog.

So now I am emotionally drained. It's time for bed and I can't wait to get into my new PJ's!

1 comment:

Raymond and Emily said...

Hello! Great blog. I went and read the whole thing. ;D Thanks for calling the other day. It was wonderful to talk to you. I'll be checking in here regularly, so keep the posts coming!

Emily